Blue Badge Parking Scheme (Hampshire residents)


The Blue Badge Parking Scheme is a permit, which allows someone with disability to park in disabled bays or closer to their destination.

If any of the following apply, further assessment is not needed to acquire a Blue Badge: In receipt of the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance. Is registered blind (severely sight impaired). In receipt of a War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement. Has been both awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1-8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking. In receipt of a Personal Independence Payment award that indicates the inability to walk further than 50 metres.

If needing assessment, the Blue Badge may be awarded if either of the following apply: Drives a vehicle regularly, has a severe disability in both arms and is unable to operate, or has considerable difficulty in operating, all or some types of parking meter. Has a permanent and substantial disability, which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.

A Blue Badge can be applied for if a child under 3 requires any of the following: Requires bulky medical equipment which is difficult to carry. Needs to be near a vehicle at all times so that they can receive emergency treatment in the vehicle. Needs to be near a vehicle at all times so they can be driven somewhere for emergency treatment

Other potential ways to qualify: Hidden Disability. Terminal Illness with a Poor Prognosis.

Applications can be made by individuals or organisations who regularly transport someone with a disability via the online form or paper forms can be requested.

About Hampshire County Council

1st tier Local Authority for the county of Hampshire. Key statutory responsibilities: Education, Adult and Children's Social Care, Highways Maintenance, Public Health, Libraries, Countryside Services, Adult and Chidlren's Safeguarding. Procurement of other services such as public and community transport, health services, domiciliary care services, Connect To Support Hampshire etc.

Good to know

User Cost/Charge Information

Find out more

Hampshire County Council

0300 555 1376



This activity takes place throughout Hampshire

Rushmoor Link Community Directory

Welcome to the Rushmoor Link community directory. This is the place to find very local information about activities, groups and community services. Whether you are looking for support, to improve your health and wellbeing, socialise more, get active, learn something new or find a place to meet, Rushmoor Link is a good place to start.

How to get started. Choose a category. Information is sorted into categories by service or organisation name. The directory focuses on what is available locally through statutory, community and voluntary organisations.

Next step. Once you have hit the category button, scroll through the results. You can use the keyword search to narrow down the information (e.g., dementia, Aldershot, football).

It’s a simple system packed full of information. We recommend you do not use punctuation marks like commas (,) or apostrophes (’).

Spotted a mistake or something is missing? Please do contact us if you are aware that any information is incorrect or missing via

If you are looking for information about adult residential care or care at home care, please visit Connect to Support Hampshire. There you can find information about care providers as well as advice and guidance to help you stay safe and well.

Happy searching!