Gurkha Welfare Advice Centre - Aldershot


The Gurkha Welfare Advice Centre (GWAC) in Aldershot helps retired Gurkhas to successfully settle in the UK. They work closely with government bodies and service charities such as SSAFA, the RBL and the ABF, who are committed to supporting Army veterans.

Managed by retired Gurkha officers, they offer advice and support tailored to the elderly ex-Gurkhas and widows coming to settle in the UK, who might otherwise lack the necessary language skills to access the welfare state.

Whether it be for accessing living expense grants or eligible state benefits, seeking employment or simply general advice on life in the UK, the GWAC plays a vital role to help those in need.

For more details and FAQS, please visit their website. Their General Information Brochure and Newsletter are also available for download via their website.

About The Gurkha Welfare Trust

We provide financial, medical and development aid to Gurkha veterans, their families and communities.

Find out more

The Gurkha Welfare Trust

01252 329 460




1st Floor
35-39 High Street
Hampshire GU11 1BH

View on Google Maps

Rushmoor Link Community Directory

Welcome to the Rushmoor Link community directory. This is the place to find very local information about activities, groups and community services. Whether you are looking for support, to improve your health and wellbeing, socialise more, get active, learn something new or find a place to meet, Rushmoor Link is a good place to start.

How to get started. Choose a category. Information is sorted into categories by service or organisation name. The directory focuses on what is available locally through statutory, community and voluntary organisations.

Next step. Once you have hit the category button, scroll through the results. You can use the keyword search to narrow down the information (e.g., dementia, Aldershot, football).

It’s a simple system packed full of information. We recommend you do not use punctuation marks like commas (,) or apostrophes (’).

Spotted a mistake or something is missing? Please do contact us if you are aware that any information is incorrect or missing via

If you are looking for information about adult residential care or care at home care, please visit Connect to Support Hampshire. There you can find information about care providers as well as advice and guidance to help you stay safe and well.

Happy searching!